Thursday, August 28, 2008

My big black eye - tales of an abusive sleeper

OK, now that I have your attention... I don't really have a black eye, but I thought I was going to at 2am when Craig punched me in the face. No, I'm not exaggerating, he really punched me - hard - barely missing my nose, my eye, and Zoe's head, he got my square in the zygomatic arch (cheekbone). He has NO recollection of this (not that I expected him to, since my "owww, Craig!!" got no response). What happened was that I was sitting up nursing Zoe and apparently, in sitting up, I shifted the sheet in such a way that Craig needed to very vigorously pull it back over himself. Fortunately, I caught his fist before he could deliver another blow... I always have my guard up after having been elbowed in the forehead and hit in the face numerous times, kneed in the shin (that was the most painful), and (this is my favorite) caught Craig trying to steal the pillow out from under my head because he had knocked his on the floor. Of course it's not funny at the time, but we always chuckle about it later. Hope you did too... on to the pictures:

Joshua's really enjoying whatever that is...

Zoe loves looking at Craig. He gets lots of smiles from her.

her hair is sticking up because I had had a bow in it. actually, it just sticks up all the time.

It's so cute when her eyes get crossed

I think she was flexing her big baby muscles




2 comments:

Rosemarie said...

Ok, I have to ask, does Craig own clothes besides Gym A?

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I'm crying from laughter over here. I almost spit out my dr. pepper from laughing so hard. That's hilarious! I needed that.

And as soon as I read your blog title I scrolled down to find a picture of your black eye, to no avail. Yes, you got my attention!