Friday, August 29, 2008

C is for Cookie

I'm pleased to report that Craig kept his fists to himself last night. He's usually very gentle for several nights after an 'incident' but then he falls off the wagon again. We'll see how long it lasts. Oh, and it helps that we sometimes put a pillow between us... for my protection.

So, does anyone else do this, or is it just me... do you check your blog as often as you check other people's, just in case someone posted something interesting on your blog while you weren't looking or something? I don't know why I do it (other than that I like to look at the pictures of Joshua & Zoe), but I just can't stop!

Well, Craig spent the day pressure washing the fence in preparation for staining/sealing it. Consequently, it was me, Joshua & Zoe hanging out inside. Joshua & I finished sewing the new pillow covers while Zoe was napping (no pictures yet, I have to iron them & put them on). Then, since I am the best wife in the land, I made Craig a delicious batch of oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chocolate chips in them. He was out there from 9am-ish until around 4. He deserved those cookies! Really, that's the only reason I made them... I didn't make them for me or anything, because I'm out of twizzlers, I promise. Then, we had some equally delicious (but in a different way) pork tenderloin. Thanks Rachael Ray!

1/2 T olive oil, 3/4 t salt, 1/8 t pepper, 1/2 t sage, 1 clove garlic (use garlic press). Mix together. Rub all over 1 lb tenderloin. Roast @ 500 for 8 min on each side, let stand 5 min. Gobble up.

Then, we had some more cookies.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I just re-read your black eye story again and had a good laugh. Unfortunately Jason is asleep so he didn't get to enjoy it with me. I'll show him tomorrow. I'm so happy you had an incident-free night last night!

Yes, I do check my blog for comments. Those are fun!

That hubby of yours is a hard worker. And by the way, I'm SO hooked on twizzlers now. The pull and peel kind. I just bought some randomly a few months back and I'm addicted!

Rosemarie said...

Yes, Yes and Yes. I did not work on Thursday and I just kept gravitating back to "the blog" and nothing was happening. It was sort of like watching paint dry. So, I decided to go back to reading my book. I made great progress...but 150 pages later, I was back checking my blog. :) Any word on the circus?

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi. I found your blog through Emily's. Congrats on your new baby girl!!! So exciting!!!

Did you know that you can make it where you are emailed anytime someone post on your blog? I was doing the same thing you talked about...always checking. Then, someone told me about the emails. It is so much easier and less time consuming than searching through your blog. Hope this helps.

the misses of the blisses said...

I also check my blog about as often as I read other people's. Although its been a little less frequent- my time is flying by right now. Anyways, I just thought Id give you something to smile about next time you check your blog so you can have another comment posted. Doesnt it make you feel good when people leave comments? :)
I think my favorite part about leaving comments on blogs is the word verification. It adds to my vocabulary. whskkkjedu