Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my beautiful bench (I covered the wood so that we can set stuff on it and not scratch it up)
the couch decor - before and after. I still have 5 more pillows to cover (you guessed it, I'll probably take pictures and post them when I'm done)
Zoe holding her head up!

my canteloupe. Craig 'picked' it by accident when he moved it to mow, so I had to eat it today. It was delish
mmm, peppers
One pumpkin for Joshua and one for Zoe! I'm going to dry/roast the seeds. Any other suggestions for what to do with pumpkins? (please, don't say carve them, I figured that out all by myself)
my tomato harvest. The big ones have been splitting on top but I got some expert advice from Nancy and ope I can revive them quickly

well, that's all she wrote (literally). I'd better go to bed before I grab another handful of twizzlers!

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheese cake, pumpkin scones, ....mmm, I love fresh pumpkin.

Recipe for Pumpkin Bread: Combine 3 3/4 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, 1tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves.
Cream: 2 sticks margarine and gradually add 2 cups of sugar.
Blend in and beat 4 eggs.
Alternate dry ingredients with 1 1/2 cups pumpkin. Mix with the margarine/sugar combination.

Makes 2 greased 9" x 5" loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour at 350F.