Yes, I feel a little guilty dropping Joshua off at daycare for a whole day - or even a few hours - but I do enjoy our bimonthly Super Saturdays! Craig and I enjoy a little date-for-a-day (even if we sit at the house and do nothing) and Joshua always seems happy when we pick him up. Today, Joshua's going to the CDC on post, for free, until about 2 (it goes from 9 until 5, but we'll go pick him up for naptime). I know I will more fully appreciate Super Saturdays when Craig is deployed again. Craig will be finishing the roof on Joshua's fort (we couldn't find a tarp we liked so he just built a roof yesterday and is shingling it today. It looks great. Oh, and it was my idea :) Zoe's becoming a much better eater. She can polish off a 4oz bottle like it's a snack and when she gets latched on well and all the other stars align in her nursing universe, she's a pro at that too. She's got a bad diaper rash, but other than that, all is well in her little baby world. Her umbilical cord finally fell off last night, so Craig and I have been smitten with her cute little belly button all day. Well, without further ado, here are some pictures since I know that's what you really want!!
Check out these cheeks!!

Big eyes like my brother... mine are still blue though

my mouth is open because I'm looking around for some food!

aaahhh... I sure do love my paci!
I'm a snacker so mommy & daddy use it to hold me over until mealtime. Otherwise, I want to eat every 45 minutes!

Joshua has learned to smile for the camera. Whenever he sees a camera (or camera phone). Any camera. Unfortunately, he does this cute little smile/pucker/smile/pucker thing so if I don't catch him at the right moment, I don't get the smile.


Joshua wanted to pray. This is what he does when we pray, close his eyes as tightly as possible, bow his head with a vigorous nod, and thrust out his arms to either side to hold our hands... all in one quick, explosive movement. It's too funny. When we forget, he'll do it whenever the last one of us sits down.

Sometimes, I look over and find him praying alone.

Still the same quick movement into the squint /nod position, except he clasps his hands instead of reaching for ours. TOO cute! Now, when we're done praying, he says 'amen' too. It sounds like "amee"

did I mention that he's cute? I was in a hurry to catch him in the smile phase of his grin/pucker/grin/pucker routine... I swear I didn't cut Craig's head off on purpose

pucker...

smile...

pucker...

Zoe likes the sling!! She wanted a snack so I decided to try this instead of holding her... since I was trying to feed Joshua breakfast. She was out like big hair and parachute pants (or out like a light, for those of you unfamiliar with '80's style)


1 comment:
i know i am in august, but i am trying to play a little catch up...i love that you love the sling. That was and is my favorite baby accessory...i have three and counting in case we have another. I just stopped using it before the summer with Mitchell, and he was 3! Is she still using it and liking it?
Post a Comment