Friday, October 24, 2008

the Lettuce Meltdown

hmmm. I wonder what could be under these blankets on the floor...Oh, of course, it's Elmo... with a piece of lettuce on his nose.
Hmmm. I wonder what's under this piece of lettuce...

But of course, it's the Count ("Daddy"). I guess Joshua thought he looked hungry.
I was making myself a salad while Joshua was coloring in his sesame street coloring book. He decided that the Count was "Dat" (if any Sesame St character looks like Craig though, it has to be the Count...since Joshua pointed that out). He said "Dat," trying to hand me the book as I was trying to throw out some wilted lettuce. I took the book, put the lettuce in the trash, and Joshua started having a Meltdown. Allow me to describe. Lots of tears, jumping, pointing into the trashcan, pleading "Dat, Dat, Dat-dyyyyy". I showed him that I had not thrown the Count a.k.a. Dat in the trash, but he kept on... finally (since he daren't touch the trash), I got a piece of lettuce out for him - worry not, the trashbag was about 20 minutes old - and immediately the meltdown ceased. He grabbed the book out of my hand, put it on the floor and, oh so lovingly, laid the piece of lettuce on the picture of the Count saying "Dat." Apparently, he wanted Daddy to have some salad too, how sweet. He also then gave a piece of lettuce to his Elmo postcard, said "Nap" and ran off to get blankets with which to cover him. Later on, he said "Dat, nap" and moved Elmo's blankets to Craig.

**I just want to add that this story has been published mostly for Craig's amusement. I have just been informed that he does not have blog access at this time - grrr - so I may be less motivated to blog until he can actually read it. I know, you're sad.

In other news, I rocked the vote (gotta love early voting, it was still way crowded though) and got a FREE massage today. Lucky me :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

so i am thinking that being the "Count" is not so bad. When Avery was little she called Shrek Daddy!!!! Every time she saw the character, anywhere, she would shout "Daddy". And please, oh please, don't stop blogging.

Leslie said...

those are great pictures