Has anyone ever tried this? For real? All my life I thought for sure that there was no way that a mere 6 degrees seperated me from Mr. Kevin Bacon but we now know that's far from the truth.
Rewind to about 11am when I joined facebook in order to find a WP classmate. A flurry of activity ensued and I now somehow have 37 facebook friends I never knew about. Forget whether or not they're friends in real life, now they're my friends on facebook so that makes them my real friends, somehow, right?? Anyway, Craig is about as anti-facebook/ myspace/friendster, etc as they come. He loathes everything e-social and has claimed to have lost respect for several friends in real life who he has discovered to be facebook members. I maintain that this means he has also lost respect for me. He denies this.
Funny story: So, Craig is sitting next to me on the couch obviously sleeping. I ask him "are you sleeping?" He groggily replies "no, I'm just checking eyelidbook for new friends." Ha ha.
On to how I became 6th degree facebook friends with Kevin Bacon... so, as we're perusing the 50% of our college classmates who are on facebook, we notice that I have 7 mutual friends with people I don't even know. Craig brings up the Kevin Bacon thing. I deny that I could be seperated from him by a mere 6 degrees. Craig says "but you went to HS with that guy in that movie we saw." So I look up the guy on facebook and sure enuf, he was in "24", therefore putting me 2 degrees away from Kiefer Sutherland!! Who knew??!!! Well, I didn't finish it off or anything, I just assumed that Kiefer and Kevin (I can use first names now that I know we're so close), if not buddies, have at least been in something together, shook hands, have the same agent, or something. If that falls thru I have a couple other options. Why did I even doubt.
OK, it's 5 mintues later and I just checked. They were in Flatliners together (one of my fave movies, how could I have forgotten!!!) so that puts me 3 degrees away from Kevin Bacon (Me-HS guy-Kiefer-Kevin)... which means you're only seperated from him by 4 degrees!! Lucky you!!
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



4 comments:
Haha...I must agree that esocial isn't that exciting. I have a myspace, but rarely use it...facebook, not interested...but his comment about his eyelids made me laugh out loud. Too funny.
Oh, and go me for figuring out how to make a granny square today with my crochet needle! I had to tell someone.
welcome to facebook! Nate is with Craig in the anti social networking of facebook and myspace also :) I think its a great way to keep in touch!
Hahaha!!! I love that story. Sounds like Pa, only he checks his eyelids for holes!
I'm totally with you, Borris. I think all the facebook/myspace/friendster stuff is so ridiculous... But I thought blogs were, too, until somehow I got hooked on them during bedrest. But rest assured Kim, I think no less of you!! He he. Nearly all my friends do that stuff, but I have not out of protest. Let me know how that works out for you. Maybe you can convert me, much to Jason's chagrin.
And guess what? We're only 3 degrees from the whole cast of Gossip Girl!! Wow! (Just kidding on the excitement part there. I've never watched the show.)
Kim, I LOVE reading your blog! You crack me up and Nathaniel is always wondering what I am laughing at at 2 in the morning while nursing!! I love all the pictures too. Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment