Thursday, October 16, 2008

free fudge? sign me up!

no, this isn't another giveaway, just a funny story.

Lounging on the couch mere moments after both babies have gone to sleep, the house phone rings in the bedroom (10 feet from where Zoe is sleeping). I vault the coffee table and couch, and miraculously answer before the second ring...

Kim: "Hello?" (in a low voice while scurrying quickly out of the bedroom)

Tracey (next door neighbor): "Hey, it's Tracey, what are you doing"

Kim: "um... cleaning" (reading blogs)

Tracey: "do you like fudge?"

Kim: "is Barbie plastic? Yes! I like fudge" (Don't tease me... you'd better have some)

Tracey: "ok, open your door, I'll bring you some...(something about her mother-in-law's recipe, and her kids driving her nuts, and did I hear the screaming...)"

Kim (vaulting coffee table and couch again to unlock door): "uh, ok, don't bring too much 'cuz I'll eat it all" (Bring lots. Lots and lots. I love Tracey. I love fudge.)

Less than 30 seconds later, Tracey was at my door with a baggie of chocolate fudge. It was all I could do not to hug her. We did actually have a real conversation at that point (because she insisted I try the fudge (it was GOOOOOOOD) so I didn't have to come up with an excuse to run back inside so I could eat it). I had just enough coffee left to enjoy the two together, and there's even a little left for Craig!

And now, I shall go enjoy some more while you look at these cute pictures...

I don't know if he did it on purpose, but Joshua went to his room and put on his hat after dinner. He's never done it before, so I have to assume he wanted to complete his look.

oops, apparently he put it on backwards. see the tag?

he's not hurting her, let me explain... Craig likes to pop my toes for me, so now Joshua's always trying to pop everyone's toes, including Zoe. She's laughing and cooing at him. this looks a little more like a smile, but Joshua stopped because he thought she was crying. He said "Cai? Cai?" and looked at me all concerned. I told him she wasn't crying, she thinks it's fun. So he cocked his head, said "Yo-wee", gave her a nice spitty kiss on the top of her head, and hopped down saying "Pay" (play) and "Boo-k." Later when he was laying in his crib all cozy, I was singing & holding Zoe and she burped, so Joshua immediately jumped up and started patting her on the back. He's such a sweet big brother and loves her so much. I hope he always will!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

doesn't everyone love fudge? Your babies are so cute...they look like you!!! There is nothing wrong with a little guy liking his accessories...a boy has got to look good too

Rosemarie said...

sounded a little desperate. :) Sorry we didn't make the party.

Queen of Feisty said...

Cute story, tell your neighbor that I would like some too!

Thanks for stopping by for my SITS day. I have to tell you we tried, massage, accupunture (spelled wrong?) chiropractors (we are not big medicine people) then we tried all the meds, she is one of the 1in 4 ratio that do not respond to the drugs for Dystonia. (counting Botox) AND so then we finally did the Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
We are going to try this need Breathing technique that we saw at the seminar. Whatever works right?

Thanks again for stopping by!