Now that I've lured you into hearing about out little Princess Zoe, I'll tell you about her gown... er, dress. I saw this fabric at the Lobby of Hobbies (30% off, thankyouverymuch) and thought it would make a cute dress for her. I went with the 3 year old size on the pattern because I always like to buy clothes big since they grow so quickly. From the looks of it, she'll be able to wear this dress for the next 2 or 3 summers (maybe as a shirt the 3rd year :) It was a pretty simple pattern - would have been simpler had I read more carefully and not done it wrong - now I know. I think I'll be making another with different fabric to see if I can get it right.
This is only the 2nd piece of clothing I've made so I have a lot of practicing to do. If you have a favorite free pattern or tutorial for little girl clothes, please let me know in your comment!! If you haven't already, please visit Sew & Tell Friday at Amylouwho's, and check out all the other great projects!




23 comments:
I love sweet little girls with princess dresses!
What an awesome mommy for making such a pretty one!
The dress so adorable on your littel princess.
Adorable! I so miss when my girls were that age... the dress turned out lovely, and the only pattern I ahve is the Lazy Days skirt on Oliver & S but skirts are hard on little girls till they get a waist to hold them up :) Dresses are so much better at that age.
Very cute--clothes sewing gets so much easier with practice! Nice job, lucky you to have a princess in the house (princes have fewer homemade possibilities, it seems).
Is that ever cute - Princess, indeed!
Zoe looks precious in her princess dress. I'd like one for myself!
How cute - you did a great job. The colors are lovely. I think I have seen a pillowcase dress somewhere, but I can't remember where. A friend of mine made it for my daughter, it is the cutest thing! I get compliments every time she wears it...
So adorable! The fabric is really pretty.
What a darling little dress!
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Adorable; both princess and dress! I hope there will be some baby girls in my family some time so I can get out all the pink stuff and make cute little dresses too:-)
What a sweet little floral. Perfect for warm days!
this is so cute...i love it. you are amazing!!!
She's adorable! The dress turned out so pretty
Can I have a little princess? She is so adorable and oh so cute in her dress. Great job mom!
That is cute! Good work making it bigger so you can get lots and lots of wear out if it.
Oliver + S have some free patterns on their website that you may like.
so cute! I love the little floral! My daughter loves princess dresses too. Mostly because they are long. thanks for joining us!
Very cute dress! I need to make some cute dresses for my daughter for the summer!
Cute dress! I haven't been brave enough to sew clothing yet, but I should probably start while my daughter is still little and willing to wear anything!
This is so cute! What a pretty princess!
Your little princess is adorable and you did a great job on the dress! So cute!
Looks like it has good twirl factor. Very important for a Princess!
Blessings,
KT
What an amazing dress! Perfect for a princess!
So cute! I don't know of any free tutorials, but I like to sew with Oliver + S patterns. They are written for the beginner clothing-sewer in mind.
Post a Comment