Saturday, February 13, 2010

Re-crocheted water bottle 'koozie' -modeled by Zoe

I don't know why, but I love the word 'koozie'
I say it whenever possible, and felt like making a koozie of my own so that I could say koozie throughout the process of making and blogging about my koozie. koozie koozie koozie. Isn't it fun? OK, as usual it's probably just me.

Booties. Yet another word I love, and even moreso when Zoe says it. She brought Craig his big dirty Man boot this morning and tried to put it on him saying 'bootie. bootie. bootieeeee!!!!' in her little robo-baby voice. SO cute!!

Where am I going with this? I repurposed some crocheted baby booties from Rosemarie into a crocheted water bottle koozie. If I can remember and find the blog from which I got the idea, I'll update this with a link. The purple yarn in the koozie is from the bootie :)

I don't have a pattern, I just crocheted a flat circle, then turned it so that I was crocheting in the top of the round so that my stitches would work up instead of out. I did the flat bottom in single crochet and the sides of the KOOZIE in double crochet. When I felt like it was too loose, I skipped a few stitches every round. I also skipped a bunch in the top few rounds so that the opening would taper. I added a handle that was 4 sts wide, DC, I think. I got tired of quilting after the super bowl, so I did it while watching undercover boss. It was quick, about 30 minutes. Perfect for a water bottle, Zoe agrees.

Zoe had fun carrying it around. She likes to walk around carrying a bunch of things, and usually, if a blanket is among them it is trailing between her legs and she waddles. What a HOOT!

She repositioned everything, but still walking around with it all.
Uh Oh, looks like she's about to get mugged...



1 comment:

Leslie said...

i love the water koozie!!!! how fun...and as always you have a very cute and willing little model.