I made this little portable fabric chair thingy for an upcoming trip. I've seen the idea a couple places, but these are
the instructions I used or a link to them, or something. Saw this on
fresh poppy earlier this week (or whenever you gals first posted it... see, it's their sew & tell too!) and set to work right away! The purpose was to be able to contain Zoe in an adult chair, without having to bring a high chair. Luckily, the place I am going is equipped with a high chair with straps because I Tell You What... that little princess is crafty (and by crafty, I don't mean that she makes stuff) and whipped herself right out of 3 layers of velcro faster than I could say
"you'd better sit down on that booty." To which she proudly replied "booty!!" and gave herself her own spanking while standing on the chair. I tell you! I will be finding some extra clips around here somewhere in order to Zoe-proof the seat before our trip. She
must be contained!!!





On to my next (and more successful) endeavor...
Love to make these crayon rolls for gifts! They're fast, fun, and I haven't met a child who doesn't like them! I gave these to a friend whose 2 little girls are the same age as Joshua and Zoe, and in the same PDO classes. I still 'owe' 3 gifts, 2 boys & 1 girl, so I'll be making a few more in the near future!
Please visit
Sew & Tell Friday at Amylouwho's and see what everyone else has finished this week!



14 comments:
oooh Kim, i love the fabrics you are using for the crayon rolls and the little zoe trap too. i see Joshua had to model. I can not believe she spanked herself. it is so hard not to laugh when they do stuff like that. i am going to going to try to get something done before the end of the day. where are you going on this big trip? anywhere fun?
I saw those fabric chairs for the first time today; they are such a great idea! Was it difficult to make? I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson and would love to be able to fasten him to his chair when we're out for dinner, at least for a few minutes.
Love that chair/kid strap, wish I had that when my son was younger!
and I LOVe making crayon rolls too. Yours are wonderful!
One day, driving down the road, up pulls a firetruck with firemen pointing to the back of my CRV. Bean had popped out of his carseat by breaking the arm-coming-down-hold-it-right-thar thingey. Kids are like little pigs, they can get out of everything!
I love your crayon/pencil rolls and I'm bowing to your superior sewing skills because this pattern ambushes me every time and I yet to successfully make one!
Great post and great Friday Finish!
So cute! I love your fabric choices!
Saw your Sew & Tell. Glad to know your Zoe got out of the seat, maybe I won't bother making one for my girl, she's quite clever for an 18 month old!
Love those baby seats- so practical! Would have loved one for my daughter, but she's 16 now!
Great finishes. I bet that was a little annoying when your little one got herself out but cute at the same time (booty). Those crayon rolls look lovely and indeed would make fantastic gifts.
I love crayon rolls and cool seat. They cam out great! My Zoe is a wiggle worm too!
They are so funny. My other daughter use to discipline her dolls at naptime! At least they understand consequences! ;)
oh my goodness! So I read your blog and immediately went to my sewing machine and just finished my seat cover thing.... wow.... what perfect timing. wE are going on an adventure next week and I was trying to figure out what I would use. This is perfect!! Thanks for posting the link to the tutorial!!
I am totally going to make me a baby seat. I spent the week at a hotel trying to eat with my daughter in my lap! Gaaa! Love your fabrics, they are just adorable.
Your story about Zoe is so adorable! The crayon rolls look fantastic. The fabrics are excellent!
Nice work--and nice work Zoe--how clever!
Great projects. I really like the crayon rolls. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment