The day I found out that my Grandpa had passed away last week, I didn't quite know what to do with myself. So, I just sat around with Craig and the kids, and made a whole slew of hairbows while I pouted. I remember before I was even married, my Grandpa told me that he couldn't wait to see my babies. When I visited him in the hospital a couple weeks ago, he talked about how he had had a great life, and a wonderful family, and how now I have a wonderful family and someday I will get to see Joshua and Zoe have children, and grandchildren (EEK!) like him. I hope I am so blessed to live until I'm 94, or be married to the love of my life for 68 years, or see my children (he has 5!), grandchildren (9) have my great grandchildren (10), and hope they will all love Craig and I half as much as we all love my Nonna and Grandpa.
Anyway, here are the hairbows... Maybe I'll think of Grandpa every time Zoe wears one.
I crocheted the headbands the weekend I went to visit him in the hospital. I traveled alone, so had lots of time to crochet on the plane! The 3 pink ones on the left went to Masie, Presley & Darby, along with some off white crocheted flowers. Can't wait to see pictures of them being modeled!
Zoe was engrossed in coloring and drawing circles, so I got her to model most of her new collection



4 comments:
i am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. i lost mine in september and it was really hard. i am in love with the big pink bow. i love girls in bows. avery had a teeny tiny one i made when she was little in her hair yesterday and it was really cute.
Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your grandad! My grandad passed away a couple years ago(almost) and I still get teary eyed in church when we sing a song that I remember singing at his church. He and my granny are the reason I know Jesus. I'll be praying for you sweet friend.
The bows look great!
They'll always be a part of us. I'm thankful for the chance to know them.
So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad you got to spend some time with him before he passed. And I'm glad you have wonderful, fun, loving memories with him! Cute bows! Can't wait to see them in person!!!
Post a Comment