I saw some kimono booties on Etsy and had some envy issues, so I googled it and found a free (yes, free) pattern here. I'm now a 'follower', of course. I will follow anyone who gives me a pattern this cute for free. If you don't need booties, she has other free patterns too.
Here's the coordinating bib I made, because what baby shower would be complete without booties and a bib?! I had this hobby lobby (gasp.) fabric left from decorating Zoe's room. Here's how I made it, which, since I don't know how to sew, is probably the most 'wrong' and inefficient way imaginable. But don't tell me that, because I don't know the difference. Anyway, trace the bib that you gravitate towards for your baby because it's the right size and doesn't choke her. Trace it onto the back of a cereal box or similar material, adding 1/4" seam. Trace that onto your fabric, and backing (I traced 1/2 and flipped the pattern to make sure my bib was symmetrical). Spray baste the front and back together, and stipple. (In retrospect, I should have used heat n bond or something to bond the front & back instead of quilting. That would probably be the right way to do it. Tell me your way...) Oh well, it's cute and will catch drool & food. Make bias tape (I used 1.75" strips), and bind. I used chenille for the backing. Mmmm, fluffy. Sew on a snap or velcro (I'm using a snap and kinda cheated because I haven't actually done that yet, so I'm not really finished... and I still have a few inches of binding left to blind stitch. Shhh.)



12 comments:
these things are crazy cute...don't forget to post yourself to the main page at amylouwho so everyone can see what sweet stuff you made this week.
we must be doing this at the same time...i went back to amys and there you were.....i am not sure if it is my computer but i can not link to any of your links!
aawww! I love the booties and great job on the bib. I think I may ask Santa for a free motion foot thingy.
These are both so cute! Lucky baby!
Sweet! I love these. Now I just need to find me some babies to share with. . .
Love the booties! Too cute! P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words about my mother's Christmas quilt.
The booties are adorable and they match your blog! great job and welcome!
Such cute booties! Just checked out the blog where you got the pattern and she has some cute little pleated ones too. I just need a baby to make them for. Thanks for the link and sharing your finishes.
I think I read something wrong because you said you don't know how to sew but you sewed two gifts! They are both sooo cute and you did a great job!
What an adorable baby gift. Love, love the booties!! So cute. The bib is great as well. Thanks for sharing.
Those came out soo cute! Great fabric choice too. I wish I had this pattern when my babies were babies. To bad I don't know anyone having a baby.
The booties are so, so cute! So, is the bib. I wish they had stuff like that when our daughter was little!
Post a Comment