Sunday, November 1, 2009

I told you it was important...

Here's my very important rug. It was mostly just important for me to get it off my to do list. We had a pile of tshirts for rags and I felt like there were too many - and heaven forbid I throw anything out. ever. I used 3 white, 2 brown and 1 gray, cut them into 1/2" strips from the bottom up to the armpits, and put the remaining crop top back in the rag pile. I just followed this tutorial , but I decided to put a little border around mine so as to detract from its semi-trapezoidal shape, because I'm pretty horrible at crocheting, especially evenly or with the right tension. I wanted an oval, but after 3 tries at getting started I gave up and opted for a simpler shape. I've done it before for baby booties, but just couldn't git 'er done this time b/c the bulky material made it hard to tell what was what. Yes, that's my excuse. Refer to the part where I explained that I'm horrible at crochet. You heard me, I'm a quitter. Don't worry, I'm ok with it.

front (or back)
back (or front :)

Look how tiny and cute it is! It's pretty thick & cushy though. I'm using it as a bathmat in Joshua & Zoe's bathroom. Just big enough to soak up her little puddle. (p.s. that is NOT a paci. It's a teething thingy)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

isn't that for the kitchen...you know pulling a hot pan out of the oven????

shelly said...

now that is cool!!

Kimberly Tripp said...

HAHAHA, Leslie! Yes, not only is it about the right size, but as I was doing it, it was reminding me of those potholders we used to make at summer camp. Or was that just me?