It's Sew & Tell Friday again!
It being the day after Thanksgiving and all, I figured it wasn't too early for Zoe to start wearing her cute new legwarmers. I cannot begin to express how cute these are!! And how easy they were to make. Just find some cute socks, cut the feet off, turn inside out, cuff twice, and stitch. I did a zigzag stitch over both layers, and my cuff was only about 1/4" I unintentionally stretched the fabric as I stitched which made them flare & ruffle at the bottom - SO ADORABLE!!! I have a few more pair of socks to 'convert' as well as an old sweater to try to make leg warmers out of. You won't catch me in a pair (not this year anyway) but for Zoe's sake, I'm so excited that leg warmers have made a comeback!!



7 comments:
Those are very cute, esp. with the ruffle. Best of all, it keeps their legs warm without their feet being confined!
those are some pretty cute legwarmers...remember when we used to wear those way back in the wayback
Those are darling... now if I could only get my 15 year old to wear them :) She is a bit retro, so maybe if I tell her that we wore them in the day... maybe if I let her watch Flash Dance?
Looks like she is happy with the legwarmers!
Now why didn't I think of that when my kids were babies? Pretty cool!
Great idea and she seems to like them!
Adorable - both the leg warmers and the one wearing them...
Post a Comment