I have this book called "Keeping Christ in Christmas for Kids." I got it before Joshua was even conceived... my receipt says 12/9/2005, almost a full year before he was born!!! It's kind of like an advent calendar (without the chocolate ;) Each day has a reflection & verse, and an activity (w/ materials list, most of which can be found around the house... my house, anyway) to go with it. There is also a place on the back of each day to write your thoughts for that day, that year. I am so excited to use this book this year! I had completely forgotten about it until I went to the bookshelf upstairs looking for something else. I remember feeling a little silly buying it, but I knew that I would be able to use it one day to teach our little blessings all about the real meaning of Christmas. I found it just in time to skim it, gather some, and get ready for our first activity on December 1st! I don't even know if they're still available, but I got it here
Kids 4 Ever Books
- (616) 399-5404
- 463 Timberlake Dr W
- Holland, MI 49424
Well, I got it from a website, but apparently, they don't have one anymore.
I got off track with our weekend visit to Lexington & (3 of us) being sick, but I have lots of good stuff stockpiled on my camera so stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment