OK, not really, but I got it off Craigslist and felt pretty guilty about how little I paid for it. It's got 215 different stitches and Craig challenged me to use them all... I'm about 1/2 way there just from playing with it last night! I've already stippled a coaster, just to try out the darning foot & adjust the tension. I can't
wait to do a real quilt! It has lots of fun features to make sewing easier (it even threads the needle for me!!) and, Joshua's favorite feature, it's
quiet! He used to shhh me when I was sewing because my other machine was too loud :( However, while we were on our way to pick it up, he asked me where we were going. I told him we were going to get a sewing machine and he said "Mommy, you already have a sewing machine, you don't need another one" Ohhhh, but I do, Little Craig, I do... Big Craig was very supportive of my purchase, even moreso when I explained that by spending $100 on this machine, I saved myself from spending more on a new one. This machine retails for $450, so I think I did pretty well. It also came with the sewing table made to go with it, instructions, all the parts, the
unopened instructional DVD, and a $20 singer sewing book! I'm very grateful to the seller as well; it would have been a Looooong time before I could buy a nice machine like this otherwise. He had bought it for his wife to see if she wanted to take up sewing. Obvs it didn't work out. It looks brand new, I can't actually tell that's it's ever been used! Lucky me! I brought him a little fabric flower pin I had made to give his wife as a consolation prize :) Still felt a little guilty...

Still felt a little guilty... until I saw a lady selling her husband's '07 F150 with the description "My husband is a cheating SOB, first $1000 takes it" Then, I didn't feel so badly.
Here's my Simple Abundance jelly roll waiting to be made into pillows for the bed (see how perfectly it matches the quilt?! I love it!)

4 comments:
Yay for you!! Great find! Can't wait to see all the awesome projects you start whipping out!
Hope Joshua feels better~
wowo that really was a steal...go you!!! i can not wait to see what you start churning out with this.
Nice! I just got a nice sewing machine on ebay that Ill get when we go back to the states in a month and a half! Im tired of my little cheap cant do much brother machine- its great and Ive been able to do everything but stipple on it- I have to use my friends machine, but Im excited to have a real fancy sewing machine too! Enjoy!
How's the new maching going! Looking forward to seeing your creations!!!
Post a Comment