my basil always seems to do pretty well, but I don't really cook anything with basil in it. My solution is pesto, which I could eat on everything (or with a spoon. gross, I know. Sometimes I just can't help it). So, if you have extra basil, might I suggest:
2T toasted pine nuts (totally not necessary)
1-2 cloves garlic
1-1.5 c fresh basil leaves
4 oz. grated parm cheese (I ran out of the grated kind last time, so used 1/2 grated and 1/2 kraft. it was a little more grainey but still good)
1/2 c EVOO
food process all the dry stuff until it's pretty chopped up, then slowly add the oil until you like the consistency.
I like it on pasta (with xtra toasted pine nuts & parm cheese). I'm going to try it as dressing nxt time I have salad. It also freezes well - I froze some for over a year and it was still great.
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



2 comments:
oooh yum, that sounds so tasty!!! thanks for the recipe...i just got a pasta maker for my birthday so maybe i should break in some fresh pasta with a tasty pesto recipe.
kim...i used Dr. Bronner's bar soap. i like the citrus one but this time i used the lavendar.
Post a Comment