There's this thing that I've always wanted. Wanted and wanted and wanted when I was a kid but for whatever reason, never got. There's some silly thing that I've wanted for as long as it has existed. I always got to play with my friends' so I guess I wasn't heartbroken about not having one, but I couldn't play with it whenever I wanted cuz, well, it wasn't mine. Over the years, I've had fond memories of this item, accompanied by fleeting thoughts of "I should get one someday." Obviously, I must have mentioned this item a time or two over the course of our three + year marriage. Obviously, I must have checked it out on eBay once or twice, letting my to do list get the best of my nostalgia and never following through on getting one. It just seemed too silly. What would I do with it?! Would it be the same as in my memories?
Well, my loving, wonderful, thoughtful, resourceful and oh so humorous husband has thusly purchased said item for my (eh hem) 29th B-day. I think he was trying to help me feel young again... it worked :) And, just for the record, he wanted one too.
Any guesses? I'm so tempted to tell you what it is, but I want to see what yall come up with! (oh, and if Craig has told you what he got me for my bday (I've been looking for every excuse to say "B-day" since we watched Nick & Norah's Infinite playlist - thx Lauren) you're disqualified from guessing, obvs., since it wouldn't really be a guess, now would it?!)
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



10 comments:
hmmm... an american girl doll comes to mind, but Im not too sure that is it. But Ill guess that. :)
Great guess! I did used to want one of those and loved looking at the catalogs. But nope :)
Gosh, I'm stumped. I've never heard you talk about something like this before. And I'm dying to know!!! Tell us! This is so funny to me. I'm so glad you had a great 29th bday. :) What a great hubs you have!
okay my guess is a basketball goal!
(and I got the cups at oriental trading)
good one Shelly! A BBall goal would be lots of fun to have now... but I actually did have one as a kid (since I'm so tall, you know :)
Okay, so I had to read it again to try to come up with a guess. What gets me is that Craig wants one, too. What in the world? Give us a hint or two before the big reveal. I like this game.
ok, my guess, this came to me in a flash today...an easy bake oven!!!
Well, I always wanted an Atari or Nintendo game when I was growing up. I coveted a Cabbage Patch Doll for the longest and then got one when I turned 13...and was angry b/c I felt like I was too old for such toys.
I must say your clues were lousy!
I have an entire toy department...so I have a few guesses...a slinky, a ballerina tutu(for dress ups of course), and a little Ms. Sunshine doll. How'd I do? Well, then again...you probably were tom-boyish...so I'll have to add in...a pogo-stick, roller blades, and a nerf super duper gun...pick one. :)
I know! It's a puppy! I was a little stumped, but then as I was heading upstairs to change a dirty diaper it hit me! What would both you and Craig have wanted from a youth? Duh! What does every kid want? A puppy! I hope that I'm right!
OK, clearly Rosemarie's mention of wanting a Nintendo does not sound like an actual guess!!!
Post a Comment