Oh, I think it's April 24th or something, but I know that Arbor Day is this month. Plus, with all the deck building we've been doing, I suppose we should replenish some lumber 'round here. Also, I don't want Al Gore to blame me for global warming and charge us some carbon offsets, (since he invented the intraweb and therefore must be reading my blog)!!! But I digress... I haven't gotten around to taking pictures since, with all this global warming, it's been unseasonably cold (funny how that works) and this girl don't go outdoors to take blog pics when it's that cold. Anyway, in celebration of Arbor Day (and really just because it coincidentally happened to be Arbor Day when we wanted to plant trees) we've recently planted 12 (count'em 12) trees!
Here's the part where, had I been taking pictures, I'd show you a picture of our dectuplets (um, Webster?) OK, dectomom, our ten baby trees (yes, you saw em in a bag a couple posts ago). Actually, they're 5 sets of twins (5 kinds of flowering trees, 2 of each) but who's counting. The other day while Craig was building the deck, I followed the explicit instructions of the Arbor Day Foundation to plant our 10 baby trees. Sure, it was a pain in the badonkadonk, but I felt like I was saving the world, one sapling at a time.
Today, we adopted two October glory maples from a nursery somewhere in Ohio. Joshua had fun watching the guys dig the holes (there is a REASON that you are supposed to call before you dig, folks! A REASON, I tell you!!!) and plant the trees. We now have 2 beautiful 20' tall trees in our yard - one in front, one in back. Yep, saving the world 2 trees at a time (all in the name of increased resale value).
I'll get some pictures eventually. Until then, I'm sure you know what a tree looks like so you can use your imagination and superimpose that mental image on the mental image you have of our backyard from previous posts. Thanks.
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



2 comments:
You CRACK me up. I love reading your stuff. Glad to hear about the tree planting. I can't wait to see some pics.
you are too funny!! Congratulations on saving the planet
Post a Comment