Monday, February 23, 2009

all it took was a few polkadots

I haven't been blogging lately due to a lack of inspiration (oh, and time). It's not that Joshua and Zoe have been any less cute, I just haven't caught them with the camera lately. I realize that I am a lazy blogger and rely predominantly on pictures to entertain my readers. I'm OK with that. However, I do actually miss blogging when I don't have anything to blog about! I've been looking for some inspiration and (as you read in my amazingly clever title) all it took was a few polka dots - of the brown and pink variety to be exact. I guess I could have titled this post "cutesifying Zoe's room part two" but that's just not as catchy...

I made these valences during naptime! I managed to get them both down at the same time, cleaned a little since I don't function well surrounded by mess/laundry/dishes, briefly debated valences vs. hot bath & book (believe me, I would have been MAD had I not finished these during naptime, or had they not come out how I wanted them, knowing that it's hard to mess up a hot bath & good book), grabbed a yard of fabric from my "pink & brown fabric for Zoe's room" stash and got my remedial sewing self to work. I was finishing up the last seam as I heard Zoe over the monitor so I even got to put them up right away while she had some lunch! Were I not so lazy, I would have lined them or something maybe.


They go with the pink & brown cushions on the chair and stool (I put the white spray paint there as a visual disclaimer that I am going to paint the stool white as soon as its warm enough)

Here's the little princess enjoying her lunch. She's still nursing, but she sure does love her bottles too!

Here's the little picture board I made for her. As you can see, I did find a frame for it - 50% off at hobby lobby last week. I got one for Joshua's too.


Her picture board will be hung on real hardware behind the frame so it doesn't come crashing to the ground (um, again), but will be decoratively hung by the brown ribbon from this cute knob.
I found this at lifeway when I was there getting the love dare book. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something that wasn't food! I also got the cute pink knob from hobby lobby. I've been there a lot lately.

These are hanging above her crib on nails from which the previous homeowner's daughter's name hung (see the 2 extra nails, her daughter's name was Ellie). I haven't decided what I want to do with these yet. I thought of mounting them on square canvas or in frames, or one big frame, brown letters on pink background or vice versa. Ideas??

2 comments:

shelly said...

That looks so good! I am loving that picture board...may have to copy that idea..so how did you do that?

Leslie said...

it all looks so great. i need to make some curtains for the kids rooms...the size of them is daunting. the pink and brown is so cute together