Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here's my excuse for not blogging...

I know, I know. I was on the blog wagon for a good long week and I fell off again for a few days. But I do have an excuse this time! Craig, my most awesome and wonderful, selfless, loving, and considerate husband has supported me in yet another extracurricular endeavor. He was deployed when I mentioned that I maybe might like to someday teach a class or something at the gym. He was of course supportive since he is, after all, most superb. So, after a little research, I mentioned that there was a Body Pump instructor training about 2 hours away, for 3 days, right after he got back (not the most ideal combo). He not only supported, but actually encouraged me to go do it. What a great guy! I was sitting on the fence about leaving for 3 days but he helped me decide to go and be able to enjoy it, knowing that he was totally supportive and joyfully watching our two precious babies so that I could go do something that was almost totally and completely for me, myself and I.


SO... what I'm saying is, if you missed the blog, blame Craig :)


Here's a picture of our Body Pump instructor training class. (I'm in the purple-y jacket left of center). Hopefully some of you are reading this (shame on you if you don't leave me a comment!)

But wait, there's more... AS IF Craig wasn't awesome enough, I came home to THIS!!! The tile backsplash (and NOT GREEN kitchen - here's another link to some 'before' pics) I have been dreaming about since before we moved into this house last May.

The valence will have to go since it doesn't match anymore and I was never really in love with it anyway.
He has requested that I pare down my utensil collection and get a smaller utensil holder that matches better, as well as find a more streamlined spice caddy (far right) so that his handywork is more visible. Sure thing!


Here's the hottie handyman himself
Here's a picture of Zoe's new crib & dresser that we got from my friend Carolin whose boys just got bunkbeds. So glad we finally get to use cousin Emily's cute crib bedding! Zoe seems to prefer sleeping in the crib over sleeping in the pack n' play in our closet. Go figure.
Joshua wanted to hang out under the crib with Daddy.

Joshua wanted to wear Daddy's headlamp. That's our little ranger :)



Finally, here's a video of Joshua playing with his Christmas present from 'JMS'. He's destined for bowling greatness! Thanks RM!

Zoe was watching intently from her bumbo seat while trying to figure out how to get her foot into her mouth


3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you're back again!!! I've so missed reading about y'all. So sweet of Craig to pull a "While You Were Out" surpise. (Wasn't that the WORST show ever?) You're such a great hubs.

And you'll be a great Body Pump instructor! I really wish I could be in your class. How fun would that be?

See you soon!

Leslie said...

that tile and paint look so great...isn't it great to have a handy husband? Go him!!! and good for you for doing something for yourself...you will be a great instructor..

Leslie said...

where are you i miss the bloggy