I'll see if I can capture some pictures to go with these in the next few days, but Joshua has been doing a few funny things (not unusual) the past couple days...
Joshua and Zoe: Lately, he's grown more attached to his Zoe doll (well, our Zoe doll). So much so that she's been doing many more things with us. As his request, we sit on the couch and read books with Zoe (it goes like this - I'm working in the kitchen, Joshua comes in and assaults me with a book - ok, 'pats' me on the leg with it until I take it from him, runs back over to the couch and starts patting the couch for me to sit down. When I head that way with said book, he climbs up, I sit down, and he cuddles up next to me to read said book at least 10 times in a row). Yesterday, he got settled and then started saying "yo-we, yo-we," so I got up and got her from the chair nearby and we all read books together.
Later on, he wanted me to blow on him with the inflator thing for my exercise ball. He was playing with it for a while then brought it into the kitchen and began his assault. SO... I took it and started puffing air at him which he thought was the best thing ever. He ran around the kitchen and living room laughing like crazy while I chased him and puffed air at him. I have to admit, it was pretty funny! On one of his passes by the couch, he saw Zoe where we had left her after our read-a-thon and started saying "yo-we, yo-we". So, we puffed air on her for a minute before Joshua decided it was his turn again and started running away from me, turning back to make sure I was chasing him.
Bedtime is funny too. A few nights and naps last week, he wanted Zoe in the crib with him. Last night, after more books, Joshua started saying "na?" (translation: is it bedtime?) When I told him yes, he ran over to the couch where Zoe was cuddling with her lion and started saying "na? na?" So I came to get her, assuming she was coming back to the crib. Joshua headed into Zoe's room and pointed to the baby swing where I had put her for a nap last week and pointed "na?" I put her in with her lion, and off Joshua went to his room, headed to the changing table and said "ch, ch" where we changed into PJ's while he played with his dinosaur ("nano").
When I put him in his crib to read (more) books, he started asking for 'Dat' and I explained 'Daddy's at work' so he said "Dat, brrrr." I said 'yes, Daddy's flying helicopters. Would you like to pray for Daddy?" So he laid down, closed his eyes and grabbed my hand while we prayed for Craig... just as I finished, Craig flew over the house (it sounded like he was trying to land on the house) and Joshua jumped up, looking around and saying "dat dat dat dat" quite excitedly. How fun!
Joshua's cow calender: We got some of this year's cow calender's for $1 at Chick-fil-A earlier this month. Joshua loves them. We got several more this weekend and I tried to throw them out after I had gotten the coupons out. Joshua didn't like that! He stood by the trashcan saying "moo" until I got a clean one out for him. He likes to flip through them by himself, but he also likes it when Craig or I flip through with him and sing the parody chicken songs. It's too funny. Whenever he sees the chick-fil-A logo on something, he starts saying "num num." What a smart boy :)
Well, I guess that's all the funny stuff I can think of from yesterday. Pictures sure are easier!! It's 10am so I guess I'd better go get him up. Chances are, he's sitting in there reading.
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



1 comment:
Fun stories! He sounds like such a fun little boy! He is going to be a good big brother!
Post a Comment