Once again I was awake at 4:20am, which made for a very long morning!
I got Joshua up at 9 and we commenced to play outside, inside, etc. I thought naptime would never come. It was just a looooooong morning. Fortunately, I put him to bed around 1:30 and went in to get him up after 6pm, just as Craig got home.
Until this morning, I had no idea that Joshua knows who Elmo is! Why would he know who Elmo is, we don't have TV or any Elmo videos or books. We did have an Elmo sprinkler that I recently returned due to Joshua's lack of interest in going anywhere near it. When we first got it, Joshua and I were coloring, and I drew my rendition of Elmo. My picture was in a drawer until yesterday when we colored some more - it was so bad that Craig thought it was Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales. Last night after we were done coloring, I threw my color-me-Elmo out. This morning, Joshua saw him in the trash and wanted him back. So, my Elmo Picasso sat on the kitchen floor while I worked in the kitchen & Joshua played. Next thing I know, Joshua's sitting next to Elmo on the floor saying "Emo" (to no one in particular). I'm always amazed by his little memory and how smart he is! I'll have to check out his Sunday school room to see if there are any Elmos in there.
Anyway, I went out to check on all my veggies after dinner and my first tomato was ready!! I brought it in, took an unusual number of photographs for one little tomato, and then shared it with Joshua (I think he thought it was a strawberry, but once he got it in his mouth he liked it anyway). I didn't offer Craig any because he doesn't like tomatoes, but he claims that even he was going to try some of my very first tomato. Woah. He must really love me :)
This one was a cherry tomato. I have a cherry tomato plant, a roma tomato plant, and one with the big tomatoes on it. There are lots of green ones out there so I'm excited to have an abundance of fresh tomatoes very soon. The basil is also doing great, I need to start giving it away, make lots of pesto, or figure out how to store it! Tomato sauce??!



1 comment:
Very cute tomato! You have a green thumb. I can't believe how long Joshua naps/stays in bed. That's crazy. Enjoy it!! Miss you guys, too! I'm mailing you a letter tomorrow--lo0k for it!
Post a Comment