Monday, July 7, 2008

Joshua's first haircut!

What a busy day we've had! I'm so glad Craig's been home all weekend. Anyway, here's what we did today...

First, we tried Joshua's tuxedo on (well, really it's Lucas' tux but we're borrowing it). Hopefully, I'll be able to take him to Sears for some pictures in it. He did NOT want to put the bow tie on! (these photos are before his haircut)




After that, we headed outside for haircuts. Joshua played in the pool while I cut Craig's hair, then it was Joshua's turn. He's been walking around pretending to shave his face with Craig's electric razor (he even gets it out, turns it on and off, and puts it away when he's done) for a week so we thought we'd give the haircut a try and he might not be scared. First we tried getting him to sit in the chair alone but that didn't work, so he sat in Craig's lap and played with Craig's beard trimmer while I cut his hair. He didn't even seem to notice! I was amazed!!! Craig and I both think it looks super cute - he looks like such a little boy!!!


the guys and their haircuts


After that, we went out in the yard to play in the sandbox. Joshua had been standing on the deck waving and saying "hi" over and over to Maddi, the little girl next door. We invited her over to play on the new swingset and when she came through the gate, she and Joshua ran across the yard to one another. It was SO funny!! Unfortunately, I did not expect Joshua to leave his sandbox for anything, so I didn't have the video camera ready.

Joshua didn't want to swing but liked pushing Daddy


Joshua and Maddi after he ran out in the yard to meet her

In other news, we now have 4 tomatoes!! None are edible yet, but I'm sure I'll be enjoying my salmonella-free tomatoes in no time! Also, the bathroom's finished but I haven't taken any pictures.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love keeping up with you guys! It's so much fun. Cute pictures of Joshua! Oh, and look for a package in the mail soon...!