We moved in 2 weeks ago and have already met most of our neighbors. This neighborhood is totally different than our last one, and I'm so thankful to have friendly neighbors. We knew 3 families in the neighborhood before we even moved in and suspect that we know others in the neighborhood and just haven't found out yet.
We met our next door neighbors the first weekend and I am so thankful to have another mommy staying home with her kids right next door. When she found out we were having a little girl, she offered to let me go through her daughter's clothes (newborn to 5T here folks!!!) before she donated them. Zoe will fit into the same season (unless there's a major growth rate variation) and I can't begin to tell you how blessed I feel to have all these clothes.
I also can't begin to describe just how many clothes she has given us. The picture doesn't do it justice! There were about 5 trash bags full, and there's still more in her garage.
I have it all sorted by sizes and put the 12 mos - 4T bags in Zoe's closet. (When you look at the last picture, the closet and bags go about 2-3 feet to the left and right of the doors. The hanging stuff is from her too)
I need to go buy 40 more hangers to hang up all the NB-12 mos hanging stuff (that's the pile on the right hand side of the 4th picture. The other stuff is pants and onesies)and that of course doesn't include non hanging stuff like onesies, little pants, hats, socks, etc etc. And no, I didn't keep all of it. I filled a trash bag with the stuff we didn't keep.
I offered her money but she refused, she wouldn't even let me take what I didn't want to a consignment place for her. Their plan was to take it on post to a place you can donate clothes for lower enlisted Soldiers, so that's where it will all go as Zoe grows out of it. In the meantime, Craig and I are trying to think of a way to thank them. The banana bread I had planned when I thought it was just going to be a few outfits isn't quite going to do it :) Now, we're thinking of an Old Navy gift card, since that's where most of it came from! Let us know if you have any fun ideas for how to thank our wonderful new neighbors.



1 comment:
That's amazing! What sweet neigbors/friends.
Post a Comment