Saturday, June 21, 2008

So you think you can dance...

Joshua loves to check out the Johnsons' blog and watch videos of his cousins Masie and Presley. He wants to watch them over and over again (last time I counted, we watched one 30something times) so I broke down and taught him how to press the play button on the computer. Last night, I was making dinner while Joshua watched Masie's video from VBS about a hundred times. He was dancing and even singing along (the kids sing "Yahweh, Yahweh" in the video and Joshua started singing "yo-we-yo-we"). Each time, his dance moves got progressively better. I think he was watching Masie on the video and picking up some of her favorites.

This video was by far the funniest - he surprised me because the time before this, he had just jumped up and down a little. I wasn't expecting the hands on the belly or hip shaking. At the end, he's scooting toward the computer to press play again. The next video I took, he added the arms going up and over his head, just like Masie. The one after that, he stood up, wiggled and sang along a little, then laid down on the pineapple pillow, he was pooped from all his dancing! I think I shed a few tears from laughing so hard last night.

This morning after he got up and dressed I asked him "what would you like to do Joshua?" He pointed to the computer and said "Yo-we?" so I moved the coffee table to make a little dance floor for him, pulled up the Johnsons' blog, and the fun began all over again.

this one was taken before the other one, he's just getting warmed up on the dancing, but you can see his computer and singing skills

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's hilarious! Jason and I had a good laugh with those. Masie will love seeing it tomorrow for sure! It makes me so happy to read all these cute stories about Joshua. And soon I'll get to read about Zoe, too! I can't wait!