Saturday, August 1, 2009

HGTV up in here...

Our neighbors came over yesterday and told us our garage looked like HGTV. We've got 4 furniture refinishing / painting projects going on (of course I forgot to take 'before' photos!). I did some home improvements while Craig was away too. In addition to the photos below, I installed a 12' shelf in our closet, and did a few organization projects in the garage.

Zoe eating her oatmeal and yogurt with a spoon. She did well with the spoon but it was faster for her to use her fingers so she mostly did that. Needless to say, we've been doing bathtime in the morning.
Joshua wearing Daddy's baseball shirt. Look how my darling husband destroys the bed when he sleeps.
Such a big girl! We gave her this mug for her bday and she is pretty good at drinking out of it already. All that practice she's had trying to drink out of things in the bathtub. yuck.




here's the birthday girl. More pictures of the party in the next post


here's the pendant light Joshua and I installed while Craig was away. big improvement over the fluorescent light, and I didn't have to come up with a valence for our nice open pass thru. here are some of the first veggies from our garden. this zucchini was the only one on the plant. It was about 6" long when I let for NY and about 13" long when we came back 6 days later. Not exaggerating. The peas are about done now, and the tomatoes are about to start ripening faster than I can eat them. The jalapeno was super hot... I'll be making some good pico (w/out cilantro - yuck!) pretty soon!

I also painted a few (4) rooms while Craig was gone as a surprise. We both HATE painting so I knew Craig would be happy if he didn't have to participate. Once I got going, I enjoyed it, and it passed the time quickly. Joshua and Zoe watched A LOT of movies while I painted (and painted, and painted...) I painted our bedroom 'sand 3' (aka beige) and painted the master bathroom, closet (which it 6 x 12, so it's as big as a room), and massage/guest room 'vale mist' (benjamin moore 1494). We love it! My across the street neighbor is an artist so I commissioned her to paint something for the massage room and paid her in massage for it. I love it!! (she has an etsy shop - search for Erin Wardell - if anyone is interested :)
Zoe watching baby einstein and playing with a remote that doesn't work

prissy little missy!





















1 comment:

Leslie said...

these pictures are great...you have been one busy lady. i have a few furniture pieces that i would like to treat to a new coat of paint....i also have some more rooms that need painting....time to actually move in.