Thursday, August 13, 2009

Zoe's 8 second ride

little cowgirl! she just needs some (pink) boots!


riding like a pro!

oops, I guess I forgot to rotate this one... Here's a little dresser we repainted for Zoe. It was my Mom's, made for her by her grandfather. It was white with red knobs, now it's 'barely pink' with little pink & brown knobs. It also has a little hutch type thing that hangs on the wall over it. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture when that's hung up.


Here's the little chair that Craig refinished. Another import from Mom's house. The off white lamp was donated by our neighbor, and we spraypainted it cream (it was black). Still shopping for a different lampshade.


The table was my great grandmother's sewing table, and the green plant is a cutting from my Nonna's house of an acuba plant that my other great grandmother brought over from Ireland. Some people like brandy new stuff... I guess I'm not one of them. In my own green-yet-anti-Al-Gore-way, I'm trying to be less of a consumer.


Here's a picture of my first quilt! It's a doll quilt that I saw on Leslie's blog, but I made it for Zoe in hopes that she would love on it for years to come. When I finished it and handed it to her, the first thing she did was bunch it up and hug it real tight... and then my heart melted. I think it's about 18"x22".
Here our little rodeo princess!



2 comments:

Leslie said...

hooray Kim...i love your quilt. I love the fabrics they are so fun!! i am so glad that your first was well received. i am sure she is going to love it for a long long time. And i am loving your new/old furniture! Great plant...i can not believe how old it is. My aunt once left me in charge of her 90 year old house plant and i was so nervous that i was going to kill it. fortunately it survived me!

shelly said...

I LOVE the quilt!! One of these days I am going to try to do that. Those colors are perfect!
Rural King has pink boots, a must for any girlie girl!!