Monday, August 10, 2009

the Almonds and the tall tower

kind of the last thing you'd expect to see in the middle of Kentucky, next to lots of Amish farms. Our little bit of D.C. close to home, here's the Jefferson Davis monument. He was the first, last and only president of the confederate states. Joshua didn't want to go up in the elevator, and Zoe screams every time she gets in an elevator (can't figure out why) so we skipped that part of the tour. Joshua wants to go up with Pa next time he comes to visit. He talks about going back to "see the "almonds" and the tall tower with Pa next time he comes to Ten-see." Yes, that's the Amish.

Joshua's watching me blog, here's what he's saying...
"Oh, is that the tall tower that you went to all together?"
"Yes, we all went there together."
"may I please go in there some day when they open?"
"Yes, you may"
"oh with Pa, and Ma, and she would like that too. Is Ma going to be there too? Is she? Is she going to like that excavator?" (elevator)
"Yes, she will"
"Oh, are we are going to go there someday when Pa's in town"
"Yes, we are"
"Oh, is Pa in town right now"
"No, not right now "
"Oh, may I please take their car if I may go to town and I'm going to be Pa. Then I will just be Pa and I will just play in town puh-cause town has toys. Oh, helicopter! (running off towards window)"

He's quite the little conversationalist!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

that is so cute!! i think avery or mitch used to call the escalator a alligator.

Emily said...

What a CUTE conversation! He's so funny. I wish I could hear him saying it!

I'm loving all the pictures. Keep them coming!