Thursday, November 6, 2008

sleeping in...


what is that? you might ask... it's Joshua. Sleeping. at NOON.


He's not napping, he's just still asleep. Yes, I know I'm going to pay for this later, and I should be sleeping too (since Zoe is doing the same)
or showering, or doing something other than blogging and reading Real Simple (I did just finish my Christmas cards and I have eaten more than coffee, diet coke and a fun size snickers for breakfast - I promise). Joshua was up from 2:45 - 5:45 this morning, so at least there's an explanation. When he wakes up, hopefully he'll be happy, I'm sure he'll be hungry, and we'll just start over & hope today goes better than yesterday!
But back to the picture. Isn't that cute! He's all cuddled up under his blankies (I've moved them off his head 3 times and he keeps putting them back, and his head is all sweaty) with the Target toy catalog at his feet (that's what he wanted to read 3 times last night. If anyone needs to know what he wants for Christmas, I've got all sorts of ideas now!)
I'm sure they'll both wake up at exactly the same time, and both want Mommy at exactly the same time, but for now I'm just hoping they're enjoying their sleep and that they will both wake up smiley and happy like they normally do!
**update: it's 1:25. Joshua got up at 12:30, took a bath and is eating breakfast/lunch. He's super happy. I would be too, if I got to sleep past noon!! Zoe is still asleep. It's been 4 hours 15 minutes since she last ate & went to sleep so I'm going to get her up when I'm done adding some photos. Hopefully it's true that sleep begats more sleep - maybe she'll sleep well tonight! I'll just add the pictures in another post!

3 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

at least if you have the BEAN you can grab a cup of Joe and enjoy the quite!

Emily said...

Yay, you're back! I was missing you. I can't believe he slept in so late! Oh my goodness. And I love the pictures from the top post. What happened to that happy picture taker of yours? But you still got some great shots. Cuties!

theler--that was easy!

Leslie said...

look at them all sweet and sleepy! Zoe looks so peaceful. What do you do with a little one that is up like that in the middle of the night? You must be sleepy?