I got a jelly roll for $10 at walmart and wanted to try a hexagon quilt. Here it is all basted and ready to quilt. I'm not sure how to quilt it, suggestions?
It was a fun quilt top to make. I don't love the fabrics, but I like how the dark brown and green jump out.
***since a few of you have commented, I'll mention that I got that jelly roll for $10 because I think our walmart was getting rid of their fabric section. Which is good... my trips to walmart will be shorter now :) The disadvantage to their jelly rolls is that there are only about 5 fabrics in them, and they're not great quality and definitely not cut straight. you get what you pay for, but I was just looking for something to play around with. The only thing our walmart has now are precuts (FQs, charm packs, FQ bundles, and a few other things. I didn't see any jelly rolls this last time)
Please go visit Sew & Tell Friday to see how productive everyone else has been! And see 'amylouwho's adorable baby. I think that makes her exempt from sewing anything this week...



12 comments:
I think the colors look perfect together! Very cute!
It turned out great! The fabric looks nice. I had heard that WalMart discontinued carrying fabric. Good to hear that some still do.
Very cool! I love hex quilts.
Very cool hex quilt! It turned out beautifully.
Kim,
This is very nice! I love the colors. I didn't know one could buy jelly rolls at Walmart. I'd better keep my eyes peeled next time I am there.
Very neat quilt! I wish our Walmart still carried fabric! I love the way the hexes seem to pop out at you...
since a few of you have commented, I'll mention that I got that jelly roll for $10 because I think our walmart was getting rid of their fabric section. Which is good... my trips to walmart will be shorter now :) The disadvantage to their jelly rolls is that there are only about 5 fabrics in them, and they're not great quality and definitely not cut straight. you get what you pay for, but I was just looking for something to play around with. The only thing our walmart has now are precuts (FQs, charm packs, FQ bundles, and a few other things. I didn't see any jelly rolls this last time)
I love your hexagon quilt! If it were me, I'd just stipple it when quilting. Any quilt design will work, though.
love it!!! have you joined in the hexagon quilt along???
Great hexagons! It's very pretty:)
This is beautiful! I didn't know Walmart carried jelly rolls either. Thanks for sharing!
I'll have to check out my Walmart! This is beautiful quilt with such pretty colors!
Post a Comment