Monday, December 7, 2009

too many t-shirts?!

Here are two pictures of my tshirt blankets (they're not really quilts). I'm thinking about taking them back apart and quilting them, but they are well loved and we use them all the time. I used to run & do triathlons kind of a lot, and these are tshirts from races as well as my time in college & in the beloved US Army. The two in the middle of the larger quilt are from my first HS XC race. I have only great memories from all these tshirts, and I love having a practical way to keep them around.

About 7'x7', I made this one in 2003
About 4'x5', I finished this one about a week before Joshua was born 3 years ago. I've accumulated more tshirts since then, so when I get enough, I'll probably make another.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

you already know i think these are great!!! do you really think that you will take it apart and quilt it all over again.

Kimberly Tripp said...

I was just going to rotary cut the edges off, pin baste & square it up, quilt w/ straight lines & put a binding on... so I guess, yes. It's not really quilted now though, just tied w/yarn at the corners of each block.

the misses of the blisses said...

Love the T shirt quilt/blanket! I have a bag full of old running t shirts that I have plans to someday make a blanket with!