Monday, December 14, 2009

Keeping Christ in Christmas! - part 3

Since I last posted about this book, I was able to contact the authors, who commented on my last post about it. If you want a copy, you can contact them at: kids4ever@charter.net

Here are the hilights since my last post about this book -

Dec 8th: God calls us to pray for others - Eph 6:18a.
Mommy: "Joshua, who would you like to pray for today?"
Joshua: "um... how bout Buzz Yi-near (lightyear)?"
Mommy: "ok, what does Buzz need us to pray for?"
Joshua: "um... I think, cherries. Buzz would like some cherries"
...so that's what we prayed for.

Dec 9th: Jesus is the good shepherd - Luke 2:8, Jn 10:11, Ps 23:4b- Joshua was excited to hang a candycane on the tree, we talked about how it is the same shape as a shepherd's staff, and he knows what that is because Bo Peep has one on Toy Story

Dec 10th: Jesus came to serve others - Eph 6:7
Activity was to plan and carry out a way to serve others so I helped Joshua plan to help me clear the table after dinner. Yay!!!

Dec 11th: Joshua liked this one because it involved angels - Luke 2:10-11

Dec 13th: Mt 5:14-16 - Joshua lit our little battery operated tea lights




2 comments:

Rosemarie said...

I thought it was super cool that the author commented. Robbye called me yesterday and she said she loved reading your Keeping Christ in Christmas activities that you are doing with the kids.

sewtakeahike said...

aww, that's really sweet that you prayed for Buzz lightyear and some cherries! I've taught 3 year olds sunday school before and it's always so precious when they pray!