Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Zoe!!

Can't believe our little Zoe cakes is already 1!!

We've just returned from my family reunion and are getting ready for Zoe's birthday bash. This was supposed to be a small event, but apparently the little socialite has quite a few friends. Craig was deployed for a little while, so we're still enjoying having him back home! I don't have any pictures right now (for shame!!), so I'll keep it short.

- Zoe took her first 4 'real' steps in the kitchen on her birthday - Wednesday the 22nd!
- We like to call her Zoe Cakes because her name is Zoe Kate (I think it's also a spin off of 'Pamcakes' from Meet the Parents)
- She has a sweet, very social personality. She loves to wave anytime someone within earshot says 'bye bye'. They don't have to be talking to her, she just waves and smiles.
- She SHREIKS at unexpected and inconvenient times, for no apparent reason (for example, on the airplane all the way from Laguardia to Chicago. Nice.) - she may just be the loudest baby in the world. I thought she had grown out of it, but then she started doing it again last week.
- 7 teeth and holding... for the past 3 months. What's up with that??
- She says a bunch of syllables, but not sure if they're her words or not. Except for 'Ma' and 'Da' :) She signs for 'more' and 'all done'

I'll add more fun Zoe facts later, as well as some Bday party pictures! I also have to tell y'all about all the fun things I did while Craig was gone. I couldn't blog about them because it was a surprise for Craig.
-

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday to my favorite niece! I hope the party is super fun today. I wish we were there! We miss you guys.

Leslie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!!!! already one! my goodness....they get big fast, don't they? i can not wait for the pictures

Rosemarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!!! We love you and hope its a good one. So, sorry we haven't been social enough to come visit this summer. :( Glad to hear that hubby is home safe.