Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce

We've had tons of tomatoes this year, between the CSA tomatoes and the tomato farm I have in the back yard. Not complaining though! Zoe eats the cherry tomatoes before they even get in the door, and I have over a gallon of tomato sauce and probably just as much ratatouille in the freezer. I had a bunch of tomatoes sitting on the counter just looking at me, I honestly was not in the mood to make yet another batch of sauce... then, I came across this recipe:
In addition to having a fun blog, this lady has a fantastic tomato sauce recipe. I just finished making it, and it is so good that I might have to find something to use it on tonight! I probably used extra garlic, not as much lemon juice, and about a Tbsp of sugar. I also used the blender instead of the food processor. Only down-side was the 3 cookie sheets I had to wash. Boooo.

No comments: