Oh thank God (yes, I actually prayed for this)! Joshua was back to his 3 hour nap today!! And that was after he slept until 9:45 this morning (when I finally went in to get him up because I had run out of quiet things to do at 8:45, decided to make us both smoothies and the blender still didn't wake him up at 9, and Bible study had started at 9:30). I think he would have kept on sleeping had I not gone in with the video camera to get a video of him - he was on his back with his hands behind his head like a little sun-bather.
Anyway, on to tonight. Bedtime is never without event and tonight was no exception. Joshua, never the consistent baby, has not had the same sleep routine for two weeks in a row since birth. Just when I think I know what he's going to do at bedtime, I can count on him to do something different. For the past week or so, he's been letting me lay him down, cover him with his blanket, give him an animal to cuddle with and then looks up at me with his big brown eyes as I say goodnight. After that, I haven't heard a sound until morning. So tonight, generally the same thing. He batted his big brown eyes as I wished him sweet dreams and walked out. As I was closing his door, I heard him jump up - which at naptime is usually followed by a brief screaming bout. It's OK, I thought, he'll stop in a second. But wait, no screaming... then, I heard it... bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. So, I stood at the door chuckling and listening to him in there jumping in the dark. He usually likes to jump when he wakes up (he gets pretty high, and now I'm pretty sure I know how he hurt his lip!), but I guess he was just in the mood tonight. He was still going strong a couple minutes later when I walked away, and I haven't heard anything since so I guess he wore himself out. Maybe I'll get to sleep in again tomorrow!!
Please meet my daughters.
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment